Friday, March 31, 2006

Sending out an S.O.S.

We are the luckiest people on earth, yet we take so much for granted. I am the first one to admit it. Personally, I feel like I have with my family, my friends and their gratuitus acts that I never really questionned. What they did for me always seemed normal. Just say thank you, and everything is all good.

I have just watched two incredible films, The Constant Gardener and Hotel Rwanda, and it reminded me that there are many people who don't even get the opportunity to say thank you. Most of this world's population can't count on anyone and has no choice but to fight for themselves on their own. In many countries, all they want is to live.. is that so much to ask for?

Sure it's easy to sound concerned and it is so easy to discuss about the world's inequalities... I am not the only one to feel this way, but have we done anything? It is easier said then done, but for now let's do what we can with the people around us: become a supportive ear, give without expecting anything in return, smile to the people around you, make them feel worthy. This is such a small step to what the rest of the world really need, but it is also these little things that pay off at the end.

I really wish I could make a difference, and maybe we all are in a way. We just can't forget of the ones that need the most help. I would love to give a hand where it is the most needed... I am tired of being one of these people who say "that is too bad," turn off their TV sets and go have dinner as if nothing happened. Sadly enough, there are so many worthy causes out there, so many to choose from, so many people in need. It can't be that hard to make a bigger difference. Anyone game?

1 comment:

Heidi said...

holy guacamole, SOMEBODY needs to update...
love you anyways,
H xoxoxoxo